1. Beat BYU. Yeah, SCP's getting hung up on the rivalry again, but this is good for two reasons: It's likely our most significant road test in the non-con, and we didn't win a single game on the road last year. Furthermore, we're behind the 8-ball in recruiting. In football, the Pac-12 has helped us lock down the state. In hoops, not so much. The first goal toward winning the state is to beat the top dog in the state.
2. Get multiple visits from Rivals Top 250 players. That means two. We have to be getting on the radar of top-flight recruits. We've got more resources at our disposal now than we ever have, now's the time to start utilizing them.
3. Arrive a year ahead of schedule. Don't dismiss it, but don't count on it either. We've got our barometers for success next year, and while Larry -- if he's to be the long-term answer -- will have to over-deliver eventually in a season, there's nothing to say it can't happen next year.
4. Sell out the Huntsman Center for UCLA. While everyone is (rightfully) amped for the USC game in football, it's not out of the realm of possibility that it's UCLA hoops -- not USC football -- that brings the highest-ranked team into SLC next year.
Right now, I fully intend on being in SLC for this game, and I have no problem hyping up this game. The Utah basketball community needs to be reminded what a great home-court advantage can do for a team, and this is the game to do it. This is THE game on the schedule next year.
5. No more mass exoduses. Goes without saying.
UteFans.Net is not affiliated with the University of
Utah, except that the owner, operators and contributing members
are students, alumni,
and rabid fans of the U. Additionally,
the owner and operators of Utefans.Net are not responsible
for the actions of those who use this public forum. By contributing
forum you agree to abide by the Rules of Conduct outlined on
Post Message page.