Running Back, Football Team
BERNARD QUICK HITS
- 23 career games at Utah, six starts (5 at RB, 1 at CB in 2021).
- Two career 100-yard rushing games (2021).
2021: Played in all 14 games with six starts (5 at RB, 1 at CB), recording 87 carries for 523 yards (6.0 ypc) and two touchdowns while leading the running backs with 26 catches for 251 yards (9.6 ypc) and two touchdowns.
- Career-high 146 rushing yards and one touchdown on 12 carries against BYU, recording a career-long 50-yard rush in the game as well.
- His 12.2 yards per carry against BYU ranked fourth all-time at Utah in a single game.
- Recorded 12 rushes for 110 yards (9.2 ypc) and an 11-yard rushing touchdown at Stanford, adding two catches for 32 yards that included a career long 28-yard reception.
- 94 all-purpose yards in Utah’s win over Arizona, including a career-best 60 receiving yards.
- Career-high 17 carries against San Diego State for 47 yards.
- Started at cornerback in Utah’s Rose Bowl appearance vs. Ohio State, recording a team-high 10 tackles while also rushing three times for 31 yards with two catches for 15 yards and a receiving touchdown.
- Caught his first career receiving touchdown against Oregon State (14 yds).
2020: Played in all five games with 15 carries for 76 yards (5.1 ypc), adding four catches for 25 yards (6.2 ypc).
- Career-high 26 rushing yards on three carries against Oregon State, also recording a career-long 24-yard rush.
- Career-high five carries at No. 21 Colorado for 14 yards.
- Saw action in four games on special teams.
High School: Three-star recruit by Rivals and 247Sports out of Gahr HS.
- 2017 All-CIF Southern Section Division 10, Cal-Hi Junior all-state and Area Offensive Player of the Year.
- Two-time all-area, earning first-team honors in 2017.
- 100 carries for 716 yards (9 TD) as a senior in 2018, averaging 7.2 yards per carry and 71.6 yards per game. Also had 606 yards receiving (6 TD) for 1,322 all-purpose yards.
- 259 carries for 2,411 yards (27 TD), averaging 9.3 yards per carry and 200.9 yards per game with 10, 100-yard rushing games in 2017.
- SoCal Prep Legends Boys Athlete of the Week after a 224-yard rushing, three touchdown performance against St. Anthony.
- Also competed in track and basketball.
Personal: Name is pronounced muh-ky … majoring in communications.